Hi lovelies, I hope that you're all well and having a great year so far! As I mentioned in my previous post, 2012 was a great year for me.
I've never been the type of person who made resolutions and that's because my life was all about finishing school, going into Uni, graduating and finding a job.
However, once Uni was over, it was time for me to grow as a person and embark into real life. 2012 was the year for me to accomplish a lot of things at once and opening a new chapter in my life. So, without further ado here's a recap of last year's resolutions:
- Find a job related to my field: After nearly a year of looking for a job and going to interviews I have finally found a job related to my degree. My job revolves around children with disabilities that range from hearing impairment to autsim, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) down syndrome and lots more. I love children and working for disabled children is such a rewarding experience.
- Get my driving license: Finally after months of anticipation I have managed to pass my driving test and get my license!
- Take my braces off (only happened for a short while): I did manage to take my braces off after (3 long years, yes 3!!), but I had to put them back on. I remember feeling devastated and angry of having to go through the whole process (again!) and everything at the time seemed to be going wrong and I was really looking forward to finally removing my braces. But hey-ho, life goes on!
- Carry on blogging: Even though I haven't been blogging much due to being busy with work, I still managed to keep my blog and post whenever I had the chance.
At a later time in the year I have added these 2 new goals:
- Cut down on fizzy drinks: I went cold turkey on this and have managed to survive without a can of coke for over a month and still counting. I used to drink coke 4-5 times a week.
- Lose weight (eating healthy and exercising): A combination of healthy eating and going to the gym, cardio combat, spinning and zumba classes and doing the 30 day shred. I can tell I have lost some weight but I still need to lose more.
I'm quite happy with how far I've become in a year. Towards the end of 2012, everything seemed to be falling into place and I'm very grateful for that (alhamdulilah). It just made me realise that sometimes life will be hard but eventually these hard times will pass and life will get better.
It may take a while but never lose faith because in an instant your life can change.
I'm hoping 2013 will even be better than 2012 (if that's possible)!
Here's a list of my resolutions for 2013:
- Carry on exercising
- Save money
- Definitely get my braces off (for real!)
- Socialise more
- Do a great job at work
- Make everyday of the year memorable (take pictures + keep a diary)
- Finish redecorating my room
- Get back into reading books
I definitely have some beauty resolutions too but I will write them in a different post.
Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed reading my post.
What are your resolutions for this year??